Environmental Community Organizing is all about bringing people together to have a positive impact on our lives. By working on a diversity of projects, my list of services is constantly expanding. At the root of everything I do is a firm belief that a healthier environment enables us to live happier and healthier lives.
Environmental Education – Teaching about environmental issues, engaging in problem-solving, encouraging action to improve the environment.
Intervening in Regulatory Processes – Understanding individual and community concerns, lobbying key stakeholders, filing evidence, liaising with legal experts.
Community Outreach – Environmental advocacy, facilitating meetings, door to door campaigns.
Social Media Management – Raising awareness, targeted marketing, creating digital content.
Research & Writing – Reviewing technical documents, summarizing complex material into layman’s terms, writing reports, developing informational materials.
- Assisting individuals and communities to participate in the review process of energy projects before the National Energy Board. This process included Oil & Gas Pipeline Review, Public Participation & Consultation, Community Engagement & Capacity Building, Funding Applications, Media Relations, Research & Report Writing
- Active participant in the National Energy Board Modernization process and chief writer of submissions to Natural Resources Canada.
- Educational nature trails development for school-aged children
- Quantitative surveying of plastic pollution in the Bay Islands, Honduras.
- Developing materials and providing environmental education for grade 1-8.
- Presentations to high school students grade 9-12 about the connection between fossil fuels and climate change and how to become active citizens.
- Taking local action on climate change
- Environmental education for youth
- Assisting communities impacted by fossil fuel projects
- Supporting renewable energy development
- Encouraging sustainability practices